Hello, my name is Kayla!
I am the owner and lead candle maker at Glo Candle Bar Co., and I am so glad to have you here!
It's been quite the journey to where we are today with Glo Candle Bar Co. Allow me to catch you up a bit:
- I previously made bath and body products such as body butter and bath bombs as a hobby and eventually began selling them
- I soon became interested in candles and began candle making as a hobby in 2015 after I gave birth to my firstborn son
- Candle making grew to be more than just a hobby, but also a part of my self-care routine. Even till this day, you can find me listening to music and dancing, while making candles - it just offers that "feel good" feeling that I love so much!
- I started sharing my candles with friends and family members - and to my surprise - they loved it!
- My lovely mother boasted to me very often about how much she loved the Eucalyptus Lavender scented candles and encouraged me to make more and maybe even sell them.
- In 2016, I created our Facebook page. I began marketing my candles online and started selling my candles on Etsy.
In 2017, I took a short break from candle-making, a few months after giving birth to my second son, to return to college.
In my past life, I gained experience in media communications with a specialty in graphic and web design. In 2017, I entered into the Recreation & Leisure Services Industry and then transitioned into the Wellness Industry in 2020 - here I received my Health and Wellness Coaching certification.
Wellness. Here, right amid a very unprecedented time - I grew keenly interested in the wellness practices of Mindfulness, Meditation and Yoga. These practices helped me to navigate my overall health and wellbeing during this time, and I intend to further share these practices with individuals like yourself.
One way I have chosen to share these practices is through sharing my light with others through my candles.
My candles are a symbol of how we can each do our part, as a collective, to share our light in the midst of what seems like darkness.
By sharing our light with others, we can further brighten the days of friends, family and loved ones.
I manifested Glo Candle Bar Co. intending to spread light, one candle at a time!
You are the light of the world! - MATTHEW 5:14